This roof boss in Sheffield Cathedral is often reported as a Sheela Na Gig.Due to is abstract nature and lack of genitals this would not seem to be the case. It could be a representation of an acrobat figure but again is very abstract. Local tradition holds that it is a representation of the river Don.
Home › Sheffield
- Royston 2? Underground
- The Jersey and Ballindon Sheela Na Gigs two new figures
- New page on the Brent Knoll figure
- Two new books on Sheela Na Gigs
- The Sheela Na Gig Project on the BBC News website
- New Sheela Na Gig Figure found in Ireland.
- New The Pennington Sheela Na Gig
- New Article on Sheelas at Hyperallergic.com
- New Article on Vice.com
- Female Torso figures from the Rhondda Valleys
- New Figure Found in Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
- Obituary: Keith Jones
- Facelift for Ireland’s Sheela Na Gigs Website
- New Book on Sheela Na Gigs
- New page on the multiple figures at Colsterworth church
- New Page on the Litchborough Male Figure
- New Maps and a Directions Button
- New page on the Kirkwall figure
- A “new” translation of Sheela Na Gig
- Japan’s Sexual Gods Shrines, Roles and Rituals of Procreation and Protection